Ask a Window and Door Expert
Our Ask an Expert section covers a wide range of topics in the window and door industry. We hope you find what you're looking for or learn something new by reading our posts. As always, you can refer to our FAQ section about windows and doors or contact us with any questions you might have.
Posted on May 4, 2017
5 Tips that could save you thousands of dollars on your window and door replacement.
- Make sure you know exactly what ‘Lifetime’ means and, more importantly, exactly what is, and what is not covered in your warranty.
- If the manufacturer and installation companies are different, you should read and understand both warranties before making a purchase decision.
- Look for a warranty that is simple, honest and complete.
- Make sure you understand the financial track record of the manufacturer and the installation company before you purchase.
- Make sure you know exactly how the claim process works with both the manufacturer and the installer and what written guarantees they give you for turn-around time on claims.
Posted on Oct 1, 2016
Many of our customers contact us at what they consider to be the optimum time of the year to consider a window replacement – the spring or the summer. There’s a common misconception out there – that you need to get your windows installed during the warm months. We’re here to tell you that simply just isn’t the case.
Posted on Jul 14, 2016
Condensation is water that forms when warm, moist air hits a cooler surface. In homes, it might occur on surfaces such as windows or on cold-water pipes. Excessive humidity is what causes condensation. Is it bad beyond some irritating fogging up? Yes. Excessive condensation can eventually damage windows and may also eventually lead to mold – and no one wants that.
Posted on Jun 2, 2016
Not sure if you need to replace the existing windows in your home? Here are some things you can do to help you determine whether you should be considering window replacement.
Get a Free Quote
Contact us to schedule your free in-home, no obligation quote today.
Have questions about our products, installations, warranties, etc?
Contact our support team. We will be glad to answer any questions you might have.Contact Us